What apps are you using to shoot in raw with your iPhone?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got the iPhone 14 pro max. Haven’t really started messing around with it yet. I know it has an option to shoot 48mp raw files. What apps do you like for iPhone to control the exposure settings?

I have only used the native built in RAW option. It seems to me there is still some unwanted software processing applied even in RAW. Mostly noticeable when viewed on a larger screen. Almost like over sharpening. Possibly could get different results with a 3rd party app.

I’m using Halide, originally on recommendation for macro shots which it does quite well.

I have only used the native built in RAW option. It seems to me there is still some unwanted software processing applied even in RAW. Mostly noticeable when viewed on a larger screen. Almost like over sharpening. Possibly could get different results with a 3rd party app.

In another group a lot of people recommended ProCamera app so going to try that. Also apparently many people use the Lightroom app camera option. I haven’t tried either yet but will update this post when I do.

I’m using Halide, originally on recommendation for macro shots which it does quite well.
Thanks I’ll look into that. I do plan to try some macro with the phone. Do you use the phone lens or are you using one of the add on lenses?

Most reactions

Back