What are your favorite free photo editing programs?

That's funny. I use LR and PS all the time at my parents house "in the boondocks" with no internet or wifi. You only have to connect to the internet like once a month or something like that.

Yes they can stop anytime they want to but as a company model, a subscription based income stream seems more steady than people buying off the shelf copies.

What works for one person may not for another.

As for you owning the LR6, I believe you are mistaken there as well. You have rights to use it, the same as the cc person does. And as for it and CS3, you are just waiting for the time when those are no longer supported by adobe.

Here is one of those few professionals opinion/thoughts. My Take on Adobe's Creative Cloud Deal for Photographers - Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider

Frankly if you like Photoshop and Lightroom it is a good deal. They are obviously top notch programs. I still have PS6 and LR 5 but these days they rarely get opened.

For my DAM and basic corrections I much prefer Capture One Pro. As I said before Affinity Photo is pretty much an equal to Photoshop. I was curious about it and picked it up for an introductory price of $25.00 I believe. Even at $49.99 it is a good value and unbelievably their rendering engines smoke Adobe's. Love the speed when working on very large files and complicated renderings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back