What body for automotive use?

SeizedMedia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and basically joined to get some advice to this question but will be an active member. Just a quick bit of knowledge that may help me get the right advice.
I've been shooting for years now and I shoot with 2 Canon 5D MKii's with mostly Canon L glass lenses. I mainly focus on automotive photography and my question is what body would you suggest for automotive use?
I shoot a lot of stationary cars but I occasionally shoot rolling shots (I follow or lead a car that is in motion). The reason I add this info in is because I think that may take the high resolution bodies out of the equation due to the nature of them being very susceptible to very noticeable camera shake. Although, I would like a very high resolution sensor because zooming in while editing would be much easier to pick up sharp edges and for overall printable size and quality.
The 5DS and 5DSR are still possibly good bodies for me but I'm not sure even which I'd go with between those two as the low pass cancellation filter would make for sharper images but I'm afraid the grilles and other fine details of cars may become filled with moire. Maybe it's not a fine enough pattern, maybe it is? Also, would the low frame rate be an issue for me? That's really just a question for me to test out myself I suppose. I would consider a 1Dx or 1Dx MKii but the not so big jump in resolution makes it seem like I'd be better off sticking with what I have now and I'm not shooting sports so I don't need a super high frame rate, just middle ground I'd say.
I also shoot weddings occasionally which throws a wrench in the mix. I can even get two different bodies if that'd be my best option but I would need to be able to use both on a wedding shoot.

I know this is a lot of info to sift through but I really hope I can get some knowledgeable answers!
Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back