What can the Fuji XT2 and kit lens do from a moving vehicle through a tinted window?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quite a bit it turns out. Not perfect but not bad! Took a couple of guided tours while in Ireland which meant I didn't have control of when we could stop but definitely got to see a lot and didn't have to drive on the crazy roads there. These were all taken through the bus or van window on various tours - not easy with the speed that the Irish like to travel. I was really surprised that these were pretty sharp. All taken at shutters speeds around 1/1000 - 1/1250 f/3.2 - f/4 except the first where it was 1/500.

This one saw this guy at the last second and shot without even putting my eye to the viewfinder. Was shocked that I got him.
Wicklow wildlife by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Irish countryside by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Irish countryside by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Good results. Not much blurring that i can see on my phone.

Good results. Not much blurring that i can see on my phone.

Considering the circumstances I'm thrilled with the results. Some I had to bin because I wasn't close enough to the glass or was at an angle and there was some reflection from the lights inside the bus (totally unnecessary that they were on btw). Once I figured out how to position the lens for best results, it was a matter of trying to look ahead for the sights and then trying to shoot as we passed by! Almost got a black eye a few times when the bus jerked suddenly and my face was to the camera which had the lens hood pressed up against the glass lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back