what do use the most and prefer?

im on a DSLR, nikon D70
so much better than film, digital is not the future, it is the present.
film is dead!
roon

I'm on large format a Linhof field camera.
So much better than digital. Digital is not the future, it was so passe.
Digital was never alive anyway.

P.S. hope that's the kind of immature flame throwing response you were looking for ;)

cool, ive been thinking of gettin a D70, some people on this forum have advised me to get one as there very good! i've never liked the idea of digital, but like you say, it is the present!! :?

Im stubborn and continue using film cameras regardless of how inexpensive digital ones get. I have a pentax ME-Super and a pentax ZX-60. Digital photos just look to flat to me no depth. It's just my opinion but im in no hurry to give up film.

I use my father's 20D once in a while since he got itt. It's cool, but I like film better.

Maybe it's the whole cocking the shutter business, but I just feel more attatched to my film cameras. Although the new dslr's are impersonal, the best thing they have over flim is paying for film and developing. And today's digital cameras are just no where near as rugged as older cameras.

Eh, I carry a rangefinder everywhere for taking spontaneous shots. My dad's 20D is just too big to take with me everywhere.

I'm using film because I didn't care for any of the digitals in my price range. Now, your going to say if you add up what you spend on film and developing you could have saved up for a decent DSLR, then why not crack me about the cranium with a sledge hammer as well :spank: :) Besides I'm taking a class that requires a film camera (one of which I inherited AFTER I plunked dough down for a Rebel) :?

I'm stuck somewhere in the middle. I've got a *istD and love it, but there's definitly something lacking I feel (like my ability to focus). I just can't seem to get a good sharp shot (viewed at 100%, i may be expecting too much). I also recently got a 120 TLR, which i'm in love iwth after one roll. So when I have the time and a few bucks for film, I head down to the dark room and work on film, which i prefer at the moment.

Mainly use and really love my Canon 10D but often have fun with my Nikon N90s.

Whenever I view online portfolios, especially on photo.net (since that's where I most look), I can 9 times out of 10 tell when something was done digitally or by film. If we can get that ratio down to 2 or below, then I'll consider picking up digital equipment. I'll know then the bridge between digital and film has pretty much drawn the two straight together. But until that time, film for me.

Film but only because I can't justify the $1000+ to get a comperable DSLR. Hmm? Feed the kids or a new camera for Papa? Well, it's not that bad but just when I was ready to get one, the washer went so there went my new camera. :(

I'd like to have a D70 and someday I probably will. Currently, I use a Nikon F3HP. Not even looking or interested in the "fancy" SLR's. I've owned and used digital before and it certainly has its place in photograpy. For anyone to assume "film is dead" is a great leap of faith to be sure.

I use a DSLR. Canon 10D and soon also the 20D. Can't beat the instant viewing of results at weddings, photoshoots, etc. Makes my job so much easier to walk out the door knowing that I got poses and expressions that the client likes.

Both.

I find it very immature to say that one is better than the other.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back