what do you have in your wallet?

bradsperry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm horrible about photo management. i take my photos, download and then start the process of putting them into albums. well, i'm also a photo horder. i can't delete a photo because i think, "well, i could use this for something for later on.". well, now i have some 7,000 photos that i have to go through and choose to delete or keep...... :banghead:...... hopefully, i'll be able to just delete the pics that aren't tagged. this should be a lengthy process that will make my wife even happier about the time we spend together ( or lack thereof).

171 dollars.

it's not the space i'm concerned about. i have a 1 terabyte external harddrive. it's just the fact that i was lazy and now i have made a process that would have taken a couple of minutes (if i did it when i was downloading) ..... into a process that will now take a few days .... lol.
most of the time, i photograph continuous frames. so i'll have (easily) 200 pictures of the same subject. well, as i'm editing i look at the photos and say "these few pics can go for non-focus, slow shutter speed, exposure ..... blah, blah, blah ....". with that said, there are a lot of pics that i end up not deleting because i start editing the pictures themselves and then forget about the process of eliminating that i started with.
i was being goofy again and thinking of maybe posting a thread for new photographers and experienced photographers w/ other bad habits. a thread of mistakes that could have been avoided in the beginning or bad habits to fix early in ones career ( such as GOOD photomanagment). lol.... hense the subject ....

"what's in your wallet?" you know, we're photographers and pics go in wallets but people tend to let wallets (or pursebooks) gather so much junk it's unreal (i'm guilty) .... but the subject goes both ways. maybe you don't have junk in your wallet/pursebook because you're responsible. .... so ... what can you offer? .... tips or even bad habits to avoid early in one's career. like i said, i was just being goofy. i'm sure the thread will be dead in a couple of days anyways. i'm just avoiding going to my files and deleting them ... lol

capital one

but yeah i know what you mean having multiple shots of the same thing, when i first started out i had my camera on continuous and would shoot the same subject...should probably go sort those out

i've ran into this (on a much smaller scale)..and ended up only keeping a handful of photos from each day's shooting. I do a ton of repeats until i get the best of a series..and i just keep one or two of them..then delete the rest. unused RAW photos are memory horders for me - so now, in a typical day/night of shooting, i might shoot 100-150 photos..but I might keep 10.

that's just how I do it.

When you want to delete repeats, you've got to detach. Otherwise you can look again and again and find all sorts of reasons to keep all the versions. But that would be clutter, and it won't help your work.

In my wallet, well no photos at the moment. Cash, cards, and gift coupons that I need to use before they expire. I try to keep my wallet clutter free.

typically when i do a photoshoot, its a 3 part process... I go through all the photos once, just look them over... next i go through all of them again, but this time, if the picture doesnt pop at my I flag it (a bonus to the software I use) 3rd time i go through again, but with more of a fine tooth comb... (not looking at the flagged ones) just looking at the "keepers" left over from step 2, then I flag the ones that i dont like (maye there is a focus miss, or something..) then I delete the flagged ones from step 2, and the newly flagged ones from step 3

Ignoring any complex context, thus going with the title:

I have a BLACK HOLE of expenses in my wallet from all my new equipment... eating oatmeal for dinner but shooting full frame!

The world may crumble but at least we will have nice pictures!

-Shea

Like most people, money.
You are sadly quite disconnected from the real world.... ;)

What's in my wallet? Bank cards, medical cards, my wife's driver's license from when she was 16 years old, hehe :lol:.

As to the context that was meant with the OP, I'm one who tends to keep everything. I have a difficult time deleting anything. Since I am changing my organization (categorized folders worked good for low quantity images but no longer now that I'm reaching into the thousands worth for certain categories...) I really should go through and delete stuff. I have so many duplicates to "get the shot right" from my beginnings as well as shots that was missed. I could free up a lot of space.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back