What do you suggest for shopping cart software??

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I run my own part-time photography business. I own a very nice Canon 30D and have built up a few necessary pieces of professional equipment to allow me to do all my own work from start to finish, including the post processing with photoshop, showing online proofs, and doing sales/order stuff. I have created my own website where I post online proof galleries for my customers. I have also written a lot of the back end asp code to allow my customers to select images and email me their order information. However, it takes a lot of my time to change and modify web code every so often when changes are necessary.

Can anyone suggest a good shopping cart program that would allow me to produce stunning online proof galleries that I can upload to my website myself, and also give my customers the ability to select an image, quantity, size of prints, then calculate prices, and generate an invoice, or email the order information to me so that I can write my own invoices and send them, and even possibly write it back to a database? I am looking to automate this process online as much as possible for customers who do not have a lot of time to schedule appointments and sit down in person to look at proofs and order prints.

Any help/leads would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hate to say it but imagequix.com is a great site that does all that for you.
You can pay a one time fee per upload of a shoot or let them get 10% comission of your sales.

Small price to pay.

Other than that, all I know is that paypal has a easy to use shopping cart thing for merchants. But once again, they get a cut. Great thing is that they both allow for credit card payments to be made through it.

I use the paypal one on my site and, for the design noobs like myself using Dreamweaver there are PayPal extensions you can download to make it even easier. Other than that check out HotScripts.com they have loads of shopping carts, some free some not, to choose from.

Cheers, Lol

Good subject for discussion... I have a "home made" system of exporting to web, invoicing and what not. My workflow works for me but it is a bit of a round about. I have been researching and I've not really found anything that brings everything together.

I found a "photo hosting" software package that I could modify and make it my own, but it's $500. I'd be willing to spend that if it was perfect, but not for the extensive mods I'd have to make.

I'm going to start looking again...

I'm a happy user of Collages.net. :thumbup:
PhotoReflect.com is another prominent name.

If you want a fully customized interface to be part of your website, contact PickPic.com.

More links can be found here.

Most of those you listed are services... I'm not sure about NJMAN but I'm looking for software to install on my own website.

I have used photoreflect for a few events and I can't complain... but I'd rather run it myself and save the monthly or event fee.

If that's the case, PickPic would be the next stop. They only charge a one-time installation fee, as per my knowledge. Service is excellent; again from what I've heard.

Most reactions

Back