What do you use your flash for?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What situations? Just curious..

flashes are mainly used for low light situations. you will know you are in a low light situation when you have to use a slow shutter speed which can cause blurry photos due to camera shake.

another use is as fill flash on sunny days. this can help reduce shadows and/or brighten a subject a bit.

I tried to shoot at this lounge/bar with my 50mm 1.4 and it couldnt focus at all because it was too dark and i dont like the results with the built in flash..

I tried to shoot at this lounge/bar with my 50mm 1.4 and it couldnt focus at all because it was too dark and i dont like the results with the built in flash..

The flash I was referring to is a hot shoe mount flash. I agree that built in flashes aren't the greatest.

What situations? Just curious..

Everything.

But I rock 3 flash units with radio triggers. I actually just did an off camera lighting workshop for beginners today.

One thing I did was put the model infront of a window. Without the flash you get a good exposure of outside and a model's silhouette or a blown out background and a properly exposed model. Metering for a correct background and setting the flash gives you a perfect background and a perfect model.

That was just with one flash and a reflector.

www.strobist.com

I never use the flash. Of course I only have the built-in, which i can never get anything good with.

I use a flash anytime I want to properly expose a scene that due to natural ambient light conditions... I cannot.

How about that for an answer? (lol)

I only ever use mine (built in) for fill and shutter drag, really.

17-40L - indoor with daughter running around

Am going to try it next time I'm outside to get rid of some shadows - is this "fill flash"?

yep, that's our good friend Phil Flash.

I use mine all the time, I'm using 2 flashes usually off camera. You can get great effects using it to get cool looking contrast. I also use it for BMX photography to get rid of shadows on the rider and make them stick out more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back