What equipment do you use for Street Photography

BWShooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself here. I found your site from a friend's suggestion. I live in South Florida and after shooting Digital for many years I am now back to shooting film, mostly black and white. I like to use Tmax but finding a lab is getting harder and harder. I have been experimenting with c-41 processed black and white and so far I am somewhat pleased with the results. I use older Nikon Film bodies for my shooting, I have a N6006, N8008, N90s, but I mostly use the N2000 and N2020. I mostly shoot street photography and I am working on my first photo book about Street Photography.

This brings me to my question, How many here enjoy street photography and what equipment do you chose to use. Is there some place I can post photos to receive feedback from the readers of this forum.

Thanks

One street shooter that I know personally (Jeffry Plomley Photography) uses mainly Leica rangefinders, and does a lot of post-processing (up to 64 layers) to get the look he wants. It looks simple, but it's much more than taking quick shots in the street. As a gendre, it can be intrusive, arrogant, gritty, insightful and sometimes, almost too painful to look at. Not many can do it well.

Well I agree with you on that most can not do it well... But there are a lot of very talented people out there and some of the street images are quite inspiring...

Most reactions

Back