What I have been up to.

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I havn't been shooting much lately and when i do it is astrophotography. Here are a few of my recent shots.

Mars: 300 frames stacked in registax taken with a ToUcam II a 2X barlow and a 10" reflecting telescope.
20051119b4ol.jpg

Venus: 100 frames stacked in registax taken with a ToUcam II nd a 10" reflecting telescope.
venus200511129rl.jpg

And something a little closer to home taken with my 300D at prime focus with my 10" scope.
moon200511194ay.jpg

One more for good measure, the famous crater copernicus taken with my ToUcam.
moon26lp.jpg

I just bought a small Hydrogen alpha narrow band telescope used for observing the chromosphere of the sun, once I get the necessary attachment for my camera I will post some shots with it. Thanks for looking.

I'm sure they're all impressive in their own right, but I'm not an astrologist :confused:

But boy, that shot of the moon is simply amazing!!!! I can't believe the detail. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

love these shots, keep sharing! I haven't been into astronomy in a while, so I'm not sure if saturn and jupiter are up right now, but would love to see some shots of those as well...

how much would a scope like that cost?? the moon is amazing!

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed them.

Garbz, yes I can see the crab and any other well known object. There is an astrophotography theme kicking around in the thems section which has a shot I tok of the orion nebula.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31240

JTHphoto, Saturn is currently visiable in the early morning, I plan on imaging it within the next month.

Abstract, You can currently get the same scope as mine from Orion for around $1300 american, but that dosen't come with any eyepieces or filters. I have spent about $7000 on this hobby already but you could probably get started for around $500.

Here is a full resolution version of the moon shot to give you a better idea.
moon20051119full3zf.jpg

its an amazing hobby! I'd love to be able to do astrophotography one day

That's a good shot of Mars! :thumbup:

So you finally got your ToUcam delivered & setup!:D Here in UK Saturn already has some altitude by 5 am with Jupiter behind it breaking the horizon just before dawn!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back