What is your favourite music/bands?

04061219542-70471.JPG

04061220729-70471.JPG

0406122087-70471.JPG

04061220611-70471.JPG

These are some of my collection :lol:

I could go on all day... As a true music lover the genre doesn't matter. It's the music that counts. If it's good I like it. With that said, most Rap and modern country does not fall into the good music category... but there are exceptions.

In no order:

Old 97's
Amon Tobin
United Future Organization
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Beastie Boys
The Roots
Tenacious D ;)
Barenaked Ladies
Johnny Cash
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Reverend Horton Heat
Pietasters
MU330
Rancid
Skankin' Pickle
The Toasters
Sublime (while Bradley lasted)
Mepheskaphiles

No one has mentioned Tom Petty yet???? WHAT'S WITH YOU PEOPLE???? LOVE Tom Petty! Also O.A.R. (Of A Revolution) Anyone ever heard of them? My favorite song of theirs is "That was a Crazy Game of Poker". Other than that...I like a lot of 80's rock, like AC/DC (don't think anyone mentioned them, either!) and Def Leapord....along with country...I know...I've got a weird mix here...um...I would go on, but I would be listing names forever!

Dandy...I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say that...judging by your different posts on this forum..that your a bit of a David Bowie fan???? :lol:

Well my top five are probably as follows;

5. Led Zeppelin
4. Blue Rodeo
3. Dave Matthews Band
2. The Tragically Hip
1. Matthew Good (Band)

Just incase anyone's wondering, Matt Good's new album, 'White Light Rock and Roll Review', is awesome. I just picked it up today and it's amazing. It's easily his best work since 'Beautiful Midnight'...just thought I'd let you know :)

my favorite genre is oldies. love em, love em, love em. they're so fun. :) i listen to a bit of everything. i don't actually limit myself to certain genres. if i hear something i like, then... well, i like it. for instance, i claim to really not care for techno music, but there ARE songs i definitely enjoy. for the most part i don't tend to like it much, but there are always exceptions. i'd say i mostly listen to oldies, country and pop (so... rap, techno, alternative, metal... whatever's popular at a given time).

my favorites of all time are stevie wonder, sam cooke and our lady peace.

our lady peace is the one group whose entire catalog i really enjoy. my brother actually turned me on to them after he became obsessed with them. it's a shame more people aren't familiar with them. i honestly believe they don't get anywhere near the amount of credit they deserve.

as far as what's in my CD collection that i actually listen to at the moment (besides the three i already mentioned):

sarah mclachlan
tracy chapman
garth brooks
elliot smith
dj shadow
dj krush
earth, wind and fire
kc and the sunshine band
doobie brothers
the four tops
fiona apple
moby
mystikal (i LOVE his voice! :-D)
tim mcgraw
doug stone
rage against the machine
korn
dixie chicks
the cure
don mclean
bobby darin
the doors
incubus
billie holiday
the beatles
simon and garfunkel
sublime
martina mcbride
clint black
ben harper
vince gill
glen miller
ben folds five
boxcar racer
great big sea (i'm surprised someone else knew of them! :-D)
santana
kid rock
lisa loeb
green day
lifehouse

that' all i can fit in this particular case. :p

"As a true music lover the genre doesn't matter. It's the music that counts. If it's good I like it. With that said, most Rap and modern country does not fall into the good music category... but there are exceptions. "
I feel that to the bones...umm lets see
Flaming Lips are at the top of my list right now...no time now add more later

ahhh...music and photography, my two passions. I'm like a lot of you guys, at any given time "the rotation" contains quite an interesting mix...right now it's ranging from nickel creek to Rob Zombie...but yeah... here's a few that I really like a lot

Goldfinger
The Aquabats
Less Than Jake
Reel Big Fish
Allister
Rufio
Mi6
Curbsquirrels
Heather Hates You
Audio Karate
Never Heard Of It
5 days Ahead
Fall Out Boy
Alkaline Trio
RxBandits
Finch
Saves The Day

God...I could go on and on... I love music...

ZacKrohn said:
"As a true music lover the genre doesn't matter. It's the music that counts. If it's good I like it. With that said, most Rap and modern country does not fall into the good music category... but there are exceptions. "
you're quoting that from someone right? who was it? it's a good quote. i'd like to be able to quote someone besides myself when someone sticks me with the ugly "genre" vibe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back