What lens for best possible sharpness for this setup?

ADesign

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What I'm trying to achieve:
I'm trying to get the absolute sharpest 4k raw video of a flat surface. This surface will have alcohol inks that are interacting and thus moving around and creating interesting swirls and other effects.

Current Setup:
  • Canon 90D
  • Atomos Ninja 5 (to record 4k raw)
  • Overhead camera mount

What I need to figure out:
What prime lens I need to get the absolute sharpest image.

Things to mention:
I tried this with someone's 16mm prime lens at around 12" distance from the surface. It was pretty good. They suggested I get a Zeiss 15mm f/2.8, but I want to get some more opinions on this. Another person told me a fixed 35mm at a longer distance from the surface.

Any help with this would be really appreciated. I feel like I have information overload about this. Thanks!

Welcome to the site.
You might want to post this in the Canon camera section or digital section as this is the FILM section.

What I'm trying to achieve:
I'm trying to get the absolute sharpest 4k raw video of a flat surface. This surface will have alcohol inks that are interacting and thus moving around and creating interesting swirls and other effects.

Current Setup:
  • Canon 90D
  • Atomos Ninja 5 (to record 4k raw)
  • Overhead camera mount
What I need to figure out:
What prime lens I need to get the absolute sharpest image.

Things to mention:
I tried this with someone's 16mm prime lens at around 12" distance from the surface. It was pretty good. They suggested I get a Zeiss 15mm f/2.8, but I want to get some more opinions on this. Another person told me a fixed 35mm at a longer distance from the surface.

Any help with this would be really appreciated. I feel like I have information overload about this. Thanks!
I doubt you could tell the difference in image quality between most any available macro lens, especially for video. Focal length, of course, depends upon your desired field of view and working distance.

Most reactions

Back