What to do with publishing request?

Ok; If I may....

Paulk_68: I have been responsible for many deaths of many things, and my intent certainly isn't to kill the art that I love. If a guy at a market sells me fruit at a discounted price, does it "kill" the market? No. It doesn't mean that I will always expect free or discounted fruit. If I want it bad enough, I will pay for it. If he gives the photograph up for credit only, it doesn't mean that magazine or publication will always expect others to do the same. I am no economics major, so forgive me if I am way out in left field.

Kundalini: Sorry. I can honestly say that before recently, I didn't feel comfortable replying a lot on here, as I am a newbie, beginner, or whatever you want to call it. My profile says since 2007 I believe, but I have been deployed a while, and am just recently back in the states, and able to take the pics that I love.

BLANK: Not arguing, just going off the advice I got from big brother. Please never worry about calling me out; If I am wrong, I am wrong, and like to know the right information. I didn't say he shouldn't report it, just that it may not be a big deal, based on the percentage he makes off of the pic.

To everyone else reading, I gotta tell you, this is great. I am thankful to be a part of a forum that we can communicate on and express what we do and don't agree on or like. I am not trying to get all patriotic or anything, but after being deployed for so long, its just nice to back home. Thanks again,

Chief

To everyone else reading, I gotta tell you, this is great. I am thankful to be a part of a forum that we can communicate on and express what we do and don't agree on or like. I am not trying to get all patriotic or anything, but after being deployed for so long, its just nice to back home. Thanks again,

Chief

I still disagree with you on giving away images to someone who will profit from them, but have to say thanks for serving :thumbup:

sounds good, but i dont have any idea what to charge. what would u do in my case if u were to charge for it? PM me if u dont want it on here.
Sorry Steven, it's just not that simple. To set your price you must know how they are going to use the image.

Inside is worth less than a cover, the size of the image has a bearing on what you charge. 1/2 a page is worth more than a quarter of a page. Their circulation has a bearing on how much you charge. Editorial use is worth a fraction of advertising use.

Professionals use software like Cradoc's FotoQuote Pro to pull all the details together and make an accurate quote for a use license.

I hope it comes together for you.

Most reactions

Back