What's new

whatcha think?!

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
63
Location
St. Cyrus
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi aye guys!! was just oot inicht, innih dark, and teen a few photaes o' a river, was affa cal' but thats aricht.... ok... and now for everyone who isnt from the North east of scotland....

Was just out tonite, in the dark, and i took a fow photographs of a river, it was awfully cold but thast alright!! lettuce ken fit ye think (let me know what you think :P) cheers folks

IMG_3092JPG.jpg


IMG_3100JPG.jpg
 
Thats pretty cool, where is that, looks kind of familiar :sexywink:. I'm sure iv got something like that knocking about somewhere.

And i feel i need to defend the east coast, we don't all talk like we've taken one to many hits to the head :)

Anyway what do you think of this.

River.jpg
 
Why would you do that?! post a pic better than mine on my thread?! harsh man, just harsh!
 
Don't jinx it man, now they will all hate it. Nah i like yours tho, could maybe do with mucking about with the white balance, but is still cool.

oh and i think that 3 - 2
 
Those are the same rocks, aren't they?
But who's to say Birse's photos are so much better?
(Birse, it is always wise to first PM the original poster and ask if he's ok with someone else's photos in his own thread, by the way).
 
I was with Birse when we took these, and i said on MSN that it was ok for him to do that!! it was just my opinion, as my white balance makes the water look awfully orange, what do you think?
 
That is ok then. I felt like you were quite ok with it, but take my remark for one to all our members then, all right?
 
yeh, sorry! was just Havin a laugh With The Birse!! hope ive not wasted you're time! what do you think of the photos tho?!
 
Yeah sorry if that looked bad, but it was all sorted out before hand. But thanks for clarifying anyway, keep me from accidentally upsetting anyone in the future.

Fancy sharing what you think of the pics tho?
 
I think the first two have the better crop and the last one has the better focus!

none of them are perfect :-P

The first two look irreal in a sense, almost like straight from hell with that white (im)balance. I like them ,and would them like more if they were just a wee bit sharper :)
 
Do you think I would be better cropping it tighter; I kind of liked seeing the path up the river.

Yeah focusing could be better, but since I could barely see anything through the view founder I did what I could.

I like the idea of some sort of bubbling rocky hell.
 
Do you think I would be better cropping it tighter; I kind of liked seeing the path up the river.

If you wanted to show the actual place, then having more than just the rocks and water is nice, I agree. But since I instantly got this outer-world feeling, or bubbling hell whatever, then a tighter crop helps IMHO.

Yeah focusing could be better, but since I could barely see anything through the view founder I did what I could.

since these are long exposures anyway, you can also go for a very small aperture, 16-ish should be fine to get a lot depth in focus, even if you do not hit the distance spot on.
 
Oh dear, aperture was actually 20 :(
 
Oh dear, aperture was actually 20 :(

wait, I was mixing things up... yours was pic number 3.. and I was referring to 1 and 2 .. sorry ;)

20 is fair enough. but maybe your images suffered a bit when you reduced the size. but yours is way sharper than 1 and 2
 
Ah, see heres me thinking it was sharp, maybe not perfect but sharp, but then i thought i was just being clueless.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom