Whats happening to tv now-a-days!!

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was sitting watching Nickelodeon

okay sure, not many kids would understand what this ment but even implying it at 2 pm on a kids program

basicaly there was a bear that smelled like sick, so they put a plastic bag around it and the woman said "ugh it just doesn't feel the same with a plastic bag around it" then a guy who was just sitting there said "yeah, tell me about it."

This isn't the first occurance of this, over the past month or 2 I have seen a lot of this on KIDS tv

I have also noticed on Sky FAMILY (movie channel) a lot of nude scens from < 1pm when I am sure TV restrictions state no nudity is allowed until > 9pm

Is tv law being dropped?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6O7v1CE9o#
link to video (its near the very end.)

I posted a comment with 5:40 click that

Last edited:
They've been adding tidbits for parents in childrens programming and movies for years. Nothing new. As for laws... depends on the locality of the network, time of day, broadcast or cable, etc.

Now-a-days?

If you're serious, then surely you remember cartoons of yesteryear where they were drinking booze, smoking cigars and cigarettes, and chasing women in bars.

well.. compared to when I was a child (uhmn.. 10 years ago... omg i feel old saying that n im only 17 :(.)

But I sure as hell dont want my kids (in the future) to pick up that sort of stuff...

Yeah...there's a new show on, I believe it is nicktoons called Glen Wilson,DDS. It's a claymation series about an American dentist and his wife, voiced by Katie Segal, formerly of Married With Children fame....anyway...the show has some wildly inappropriate sexual references. My six year old son and I were watching our first-ever episode when the teenaged son was playing a hand-held video game and he says, "Oh, I just killed a prostitute!" His parents react in disbelief, and then the kid says, "In a video game, not in real life," And the mother says, "Son, you're far too young to be killing ___________," finishing the sentence at the same time I manage to hit the mute button on the remote.

I have recently check out a couple other episodes, and the show is actually *filled* with sexual themes with very inappropriate jokes and actions,and I'm not a prude, but this show is pushing the envelope about as far as broadcast TV can go. And it's on nicktoons...

If you search for the Bugs Bunny cartoon "The Wabbit Who Came To Supper", there's a quick peek of something peeking out from under a towel Bugs is wearing. That was made 67 years ago.

...just sayin'

Now-a-days?

If you're serious, then surely you remember cartoons of yesteryear where they were drinking booze, smoking cigars and cigarettes, and chasing women in bars.
What yesteryear are you talking about? When I think of "yesteryear", the cartoons were not kid shows. They were clips shown between the movies at drive in theaters.

If you search for the Bugs Bunny cartoon "The Wabbit Who Came To Supper", there's a quick peek of something peeking out from under a towel Bugs is wearing. That was made 67 years ago.

...just sayin'
I can't believe this! I had to find out for myself... Check it out

That is supposed to be his tail, guys!

skieur

I look back at things I watched as a kid and can't believe the jokes I missed. It's the same with songs I used to sing, having no idea what I was actually singing about. I'm sure these kind of hidden jokes have always been there.

well.. compared to when I was a child (uhmn.. 10 years ago... omg i feel old saying that n im only 17 :(.)

But I sure as hell dont want my kids (in the future) to pick up that sort of stuff...

17 years old and already a grumpy old man? At least wait until you're 20!

Thats a good one... honestly say i haven't watched the TV for a very very long time.. but do you watch movies in my PC :D

Thats a good one... honestly say i haven't watched the TV for a very very long time.. but do you watch movies in my PC :D
Trust me?

pc.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back