Whatsit 2/21

One side of a bullet mold. I got it from Infinite_Day's comment and by re-studying the picture, even before reading the hint.

Shutter Button...

One side of a bullet mold. I got it from Infinite_Day's comment and by re-studying the picture, even before reading the hint.

I was thinking that too but wasn't sure. I almost put that as a second guess on my post.

Lead bullet trimmer

Today's clue:

You guys are on the right track: It is part of a firearm.

Ah. The little notch on a (revolver) cylinder that catches the paw to stop the cylinder from rotation.

If it's not a follower, that's the only other thing I can think of that would have a wear line like that...

edit
If I'm right, that looks like a fairly new gun (i.e. - not much wear yet). What is it?

Last edited:
The relief cut in the metal so a bolt can recoil or conduct its action?

Ah. The little notch on a (revolver) cylinder that catches the paw to stop the cylinder from rotation.

If it's not a follower, that's the only other thing I can think of that would have a wear line like that......

Cylinder stop notch!

WII47S.jpg

..........If I'm right, that looks like a fairly new gun (i.e. - not much wear yet). .......

Yep.... I've only run about 60 rds through it.

WII47FS.jpg

.38 or .357?
(Of course, if it's .357 it can take either. The cylinder length seems to say .357 to me, but it's been so long since I've had a .357 that it's hard to tell.)

Sorta reminds me of a snub-nose Taurus .44 SPL I used to have (5 shot). Great gun at an insane cheap price. (I miss it...) Remind me to never sell a gun again, no matter how bad I need the money, lol.

Every time I've sold one, I told myself I would replace it soon. And I never did. I used to have a lot of guns ... now I'm down to the bare bones - too cheap to sell, or to expensive to replace.

O|||||||O said:
(I miss it...) Remind me to never sell a gun again, no matter how bad I need the money, lol.

Every time I've sold one, I told myself I would replace it soon. And I never did. I used to have a lot of guns ... now I'm down to the bare bones - too cheap to sell, or to expensive to replace.

Hmmm...been thinking about selling some guns to fund a D7000. Maybe not :)

Keep 'em! Sell something else, or just save longer, lol.

I also always lost a ton of money on gun sales... You'll typically get half of what it's worth, unless you do a face-to-face sale with someone. I recently had someone offer me more than I paid for my Super Blackhawk (they cost more now, of course - but it was still a very good price) - turned it down.

I have enough 1911 parts left over from all the work I did to build a new one, less the frame and slide... I really do need to buy another 1911... I have tons of spare parts, and cases upon cases of .45 ACP - but nothing to make it go bang.

Most reactions

Back