Where and what were you unable to take pictures of?

ORourkeK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Monday night we got a call from my wife’s family in Vermont that her grandmother isn’t expected to make it through the week. We decided to make the 6 hour drive the next day to say our goodbyes. The ONLY good thing that was supposed to come out of it was being able to take pictures of the beautiful state. So we pack up the car. I made sure I had my two battery packs charged. Lenses are in the backpack ready to go. We leave our area around 10 in the morning. This is where the ultimate tease started. Our trip began on the back roads of Princeton NJ. All of the trees and landscapes were completely covered in snow from the storm that blew in the day before. I couldn’t help but notice all of the amazing photo potential that was flashing by every minute. Eventually we reached the highway and there was a brief relief from the torture. A few hours later and we passed Albany, New York. Another couple of shots missed. We finally reach Vermont and I see a few mountains next to each other that are hiding behind acres of trees just asking to have their pictures taken. The torture continues. Six hours after leaving home, we arrive at the hospital. I will skip the details of the sad and depressing visit, as I am trying not to think about it, and it is not the subject of the story. I figured once we got to the hospital to say our goodbyes, I could go back and capture some of the views we passed. I was wrong. There was a storm coming around midnight so we had to decide if we wanted to spend the night and risk being stuck the next day or driving home that night. We decided we better play it safe and make the drive home that night. We ate dinner and then started the drive home at 8. Needless to say it was pitch black and everyone just wanted to get home. Not a single picture was taken during this 15 hour trip.

So have any of you traveled somewhere and were unable to take pictures of the beautiful views you saw?

Last edited:
Eek, that's not fun.

Mine's Seattle. My wife brought her DSLR. Mine... was getting fixed. She's protective of her cameras. VERY protective of them. Which is why I have my own in the first place...

The next one: shooting cars at Road America's The Hawk vintage racing festival. Camera battery dies about 1/3 of the way in. Look for spare battery. It fell out in the car, which is about 3 miles away at that point. CRAP

The next one: shooting cars at Road America's The Hawk vintage racing festival. Camera battery dies about 1/3 of the way in. Look for spare battery. It fell out in the car, which is about 3 miles away at that point. CRAP

Wow. Talk about bad luck!

Tulum, Mexico the only time I ever had the shutter break on the camera I was using.

Most reactions

Back