What's new

Where did you spend new years? I spent it in 3 insane asylums!

LostInPa

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Near Harrisburg, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For years now, i've been staying over at old insane asylums on new years as a humbling beginning to the new year.
This year, i spent it at 3 different asylums located in CT and on Long island.
One of which, was featured on VH1's Halloween spook series seen HERE:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebrity_paranormal/110143/episode_about.jhtml

1(part of) The morgue of the worlds largest insane asylum
IMG_5386.jpg



2 Connecting Hallway Between Buildings
IMG_5408.jpg


3 X-Ray at THE hospital lobotomy was perfect at
IMG_5404.jpg


4
IMG_5437.jpg


5 Grand Theater
IMG_5434.jpg


6
IMG_5475.jpg


7
IMG_5457.jpg


8
IMG_5479.jpg


9
IMG_5481.jpg


10 Underground Tunnels that Connect Buildings
IMG_5453.jpg


11 Cold Campus
IMG_5498.jpg


12 We sat here and watch security look for us...
IMG_5494.jpg


13
IMG_5497.jpg


14
IMG_5519.jpg


15 Washroom
IMG_5514.jpg


16 Careful!
IMG_5503.jpg




I hope you enjoyed how i spent my new years...
 
Spooktacular! Really love shots 2, 3 10 and 12 especially. That's the most 'out there' way of ringing in the new year that I've heard so far. Thanks for sharing.
 
Kinda freaky but I loved them..... I will look from afar cause you would never catch me in there. Good job.
 
Nice stuff...We have an old place called Riverview near here and I think I've procrastinated long enough, I'm going to call, maybe they'll let me do a shoot out there. Maybe I could just check in with my camera:)
 
Wonderful!

Abandoned mental institutions are quite an experience, aren't they?

I was lucky enough to visit Camarillo State out here a couple times before they tore it down for the new school. I only wish I could find more.
 
I like 10 the best.
 
Is that in Danbury CT? I work as a crisis worker in Mental health as my real job. There is a state psych hospital 30" away which is still operational that I keep meaning to get to for some pics, but haven't made it yet.
Nice series.
 
Tremendous series! Pic #10 is extremely beautiful, in a spooooky way.

Photo #1 reminds me of the movie "The Jacket" (with Adrien Brody and Jennifer Jason Leigh). I didn't think those "lockers" really existed in mental institutions, but I was wrong now it seems.
 
10 is by far my favorite, awesome shot you have there.
 
Great Shots! And I have to agree with everyone, #10 is my fav. too!
 
Nicely done. I particularly like the wheelchair shot and all those old equipment shots kinda freak me out a little..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom