"wheres the water..."

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am planning on entering one of these into a local amature photography contest. The topic for the photo was to be "wheres the water" since we have had such little rain. C&C please:)(taken with my CanonT50 35mm and 50mm lens.)
$1.jpg
$2.jpg

The first one does not strike me as much of anything. It's an interesting piece of documentation, but it doesn't have a lot going on graphically.

The second one is definitely trying, with the region of trees above echoed in the area of damp/tangled branches/mud below. I would work with the photograph to see if there's a way to emphasize these similar shapes with such contrasting content -- the implied green health of the trees above, the disastrous lack of water below, that sort of thing. But find a way to graphically make the two areas more obviously echoing one another, but in opposition. It might be as simple as darkening the row of.. whatever the concrete things are.. that separates the two regions. Possibly apply some selective sharpening, or other effect (subtly, you shouldn't SEE it, but you should FEEL it) to the two regions, to make them stand out as related to one another.

Well, that's my suggestion, anyways.

The first one does not strike me as much of anything. It's an interesting piece of documentation, but it doesn't have a lot going on graphically.

The second one is definitely trying, with the region of trees above echoed in the area of damp/tangled branches/mud below. I would work with the photograph to see if there's a way to emphasize these similar shapes with such contrasting content -- the implied green health of the trees above, the disastrous lack of water below, that sort of thing. But find a way to graphically make the two areas more obviously echoing one another, but in opposition. It might be as simple as darkening the row of.. whatever the concrete things are.. that separates the two regions. Possibly apply some selective sharpening, or other effect (subtly, you shouldn't SEE it, but you should FEEL it) to the two regions, to make them stand out as related to one another.

Well, that's my suggestion, anyways.

I think this looks better, what do you think?
View attachment 14069$2a.jpg

Most reactions

Back