What's new

Which one to buy- D 300( used) or D 90 or D 7K

spectrum

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Mother Earth
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Friends
Planning to switch over to Nikon, please suggest which one to buy-

Either a Nikon D 300 (used) in excellent condition
or
a New Nikon D 90
or
wait for Nikon D 7000 price drop ??

Thanks & Regards
spectrum
 
For what use?

In general, you can't beat the D7000 right now in a Nikon DX body.
 
Hi L A
I do mostly travel photography, Macros and Family pictures , no studio light photography.

Thanks
spectrum
 
In that case I would say the D90 or D7000, definitely the D7000 if you can swing it but the D90 would fair well for you also.
 
Hi LA
D 90 is cheaper, but what about D 300, is D 300 inferior to D-90, suppose I am getting a D 300 used for XXXX Dollars and D 90 new for same price , what should I do ?

Thanks
spectrum
 
Hi LA
D 90 is cheaper, but what about D 300, is D 300 inferior to D-90, suppose I am getting a D 300 used for XXXX Dollars and D 90 new for same price , what should I do ?

Thanks
spectrum

if its just a d300 and not the 300s it does not shoot video
 
If you travel often get the D90 or D7000 for the weight savings. If you shoot sports get a D300 for the faster FPS.
 
Hi LA
D 90 is cheaper, but what about D 300, is D 300 inferior to D-90, suppose I am getting a D 300 used for XXXX Dollars and D 90 new for same price , what should I do ?

Thanks
spectrum

The D300 certainly isn't inferior to the D90. It has a better build, better AF system, and can shoot more frames per second. It is a little heavier and bulkier than the D90 which you may not want for travel photography. The D90 also shoots video, which may be helpful to you. You should try to get your hands on each camera and see how you like them. You could always go with a used D90 and add some more glass if you can find some good deals.
 
Yep due to funds settled for the D90. But am aiming at the D300 or D300s the problem for me was monies. As my used D90 cost me $675 and a used D300 is in the $850-$1100 range. But why I want the D300. Well build & weather sealing of course and superior AF system. And for me metering Ai and Ais lenses and being able to fine tune a specific lens to the body would really be appreciated by me. As the D90 doesn't have those features.
.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom