What's new

Which sunset?

ndancona

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
155
Reaction score
51
Location
Malta
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today's sunset. Which do you prefer?

1.
$sunset 1 sml.webp

2.
$sunset 2 sml.webp

3.
$sunset 3 sml.webp
 
2. The clouds look a lot better lighter. They look softer which helps the image.
 
same comment as shipman, although i like the reflections in the third, i'd personally merge the best qualities of all three. but that's just me and my photoshop mind saying that :)
 
i'm struggling with noise. 2 and 3 were shot at 100 ISO and I'm still getting a lot of noise.
 
I personally like the last one. I think the cloud reflection on the water looks a lot nicer when its not so sharp. JMO :wink:
 
I'm feeling the second one. It shows the color of the rocks and they're not just black shadows
 
2 and 3 are 20sec exposures whereas 1 is 8 second. That's why 2 and 3 look softer. They were shot RAW and processed in Lightroom.

The location is Malta. A small island in the central Mediterranean.
 
I went back to reshoot this . There were no clouds to reflect in the water the second time round. Instead I chose to go for a short exposure and capture more of the sunset. Looking forward to your comments!
$new sunset 1 edited sml.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom