Who are your faviourite chick singers?

MDowdey said:
whatever dude, i would have natalie's kids based solely on her voice.

and ALL country music blows anyways. country has lost its heritage.

md

did someone say country music? :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig:

you know who nora's dad is dont ya?

JonMikal said:
did someone say country music? :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig: :puke-rig:

you know who nora's dad is dont ya?

ravi shankar.

I'm with you Matt, I've been in love with Natalie since the very first time I saw their first video. She is so hot/cute when she scrunches up her face and does that little head bob... :drool: I first saw them in person when they played after a AAA baseball game. They have come a long way since then.

My favorite female singer has to be Alison Krause (with her bluegrass band Union Station of course). Her version of Keith Whitley's When you say Nothing at all, is one of my favorites.

well for me it would have to be:

Jem
Dido
Alanis Morrisette
Sade

Joss Stone has a good voice

True, country is more like 90's pop or a mix of southern rock/pop nowadays but whatever.

Stevie Nicks (from the old Fleetwood days) anyone?

Canon Fan said:
True, country is more like 90's pop or a mix of southern rock/pop nowadays but whatever.

Stevie Nicks (from the old Fleetwood days) anyone?

a little witchy at times, but im with ya

The word "chick" does not really describe the ladies on my list. I like to think of them as women that have great voices and talent that look into MY eyes when I see them on TV or in concert and then they invite me to the after party with all their lady friends and we get to talking and one thing leads to another and then she slips her hotel key into my pocket and....

Anyway at this moment in time (based on vocal talent and grooviness):
The lady from Lacuna Coil
The lady with Zero 7
Gwen Stefani
Kim Gordon with Sonic Youth
Debbie Harry
Lauren Hill
Foxy Brown
The lady that sings backup and lead with MOBY
Billy Holiday (Lady Day)
Let us not forget the two greatest "cross over artists":
Selena
Patsy Cline

It may be a little sexist that I do not know half these women's name. I did at one point or another. Honestly.

most of the above and patty griffin.

Vonnagy..have you heard of a band called The Brunettes (from NZ)? I just saw them the other night when they opened up for the Shins....pretty good/interesting/funny/odd.

I love Sinead O'Connors version of Gloomy Sunday. But that song is just magical whoever sings it.

Billie Holiday :heart:
Nicola Hitchcock (Mandalay) :heart:
Liesje Sadonius (Hooverphonic)
Beth gibbons
Beth Orton
Donna De Lory
Lauryn Hill
Faith Evans
Teresa Salgueiro (from Madredeus)
Tracey Thorn
Imogen Heap (Frou Frou)
Sarah McLachlan
Sinead O'connor (great on Massive Attack's album...)
Björk
Nina Miranda (Smoke City)
Astrud Gilberto
Elizabeth Fraser :heart:
Annie Lennox :heart:
Anouk

...there's more, better stop now...hahahaha :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back