who likes EVF's?

Romphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
who likes them, who hates them? So far, I have seen good ones, and bad ones. Some are too distorted and slow.
Sony H9's EVF sucks! It's just horrible. It's tiny and this night vision crap makes it all green. I had eye strain after looking thru it. Even the Kodak EVF's are better; they are large and clear. What the hell is the point of changing the aspect ratio on an EVF? Did anyone at Sony actually use it before approval for production and sale?
All LCD I've seen are great; clear, large, fast. What's the point of EVF anyway? If just to display info such as histogram, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc while giving a horrible view of the subject, then I'll either stick with optical or the LCD.

Electronic view finders are horrible. My P&S has one. The only upside I see is that it forces better posture when composing and shooting. Holding the camera out in front of you to see the LCD creates a lot of wobble.

I hate them with a passion. My current P&S was purchased because it had a "window" viewvfinder and not a EVF.

I may buy a superzoom soon that has one, but I don't like em.

If I had to have an EVF I would prefer a black and white, like on a professional video camera, they strain your eye less, are typically higher resolution and have better more accurate contrast, for the cost compared t a color lcd.

Good luck selling anything with a black and white screen these days.

can't stand them. they're there so that you dont have to hold the camera far away from your self as you are trying to look at the huge 2" (or bigger) LCD screen. Closer you hold it to your face the better you can hold it and keep it steady.

after using my konica minolta 5mp camera that had a EVF a few weeks ago i was amazed how i ever managed to use it. me loves my SLR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back