Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I entered this competition on another small local photography forum, but since there are so few members the photos don't get many votes, and a lot of the voting can be biased. So I was just wondering which one you guys thought is the best, considering the theme "best of summer"?

Photo Competition #11 - The Best of Summer *VOTE HERE* - Photographers Online NZ Forum

Also please note: I am not attempting to scavenge votes for my own photo (I haven't disclosed which one it is), just curious is all. If anybody feels like signing up to vote then go for it but I'm not suggesting it.
:mrgreen:

Out of the selection I like 1 and 2 the most, though I did vote for one because it has a better exposure. 2 feels really dark for being a summer shot, 1 feels more vibrant and warm.

Number three for me. The beautiful sunsets remind me of summer.

Thanks all, bump for more votes!

None of them

:lmao: love your honesty

And yes I don't miond saying which is mine, just don't want to influence the votes :)

None of them

:lmao: love your honesty

That was my answer but I didn't think it would be appreciated. None of them do anything for me.

They're not horrible or anything like that but they also are not very interesting. They make me think of vacation snaps. Are they? Sorry, I don't know this other forum...

I guess none of them are amazing photographs in their own right, but in the context of the competition theme they have more merit - maybe it takes a New Zealander to understand what we'd want to see in a photo describing the 'best of summer'. New Zealanders have a bit of a thing about 'the great kiwi summer', I guess our ideas may be somewhat different from other countries, and what looks like a vacation snap to you may mean more to someone like me.

I did not vote.
But I am willing to bet yours is #3.

I thought that the snorkeling photo had really excessive saturation in the sky,and looked too much like eye candy. The rock-climbing photo looked too gritty on-screen, like it had been excessively compressed. The landscape abstract was okay, although overly saturated as well, and as a North American, the smooth, barren-looking dirt instead of a crop in full bloom or growth was the exact opposite of "summer". The floral shot did little for me. So that left only the sunset beach scene, with the fiery summer sky as the one to vote for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back