Why a bathroom makes a bad darkroom...

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ratmansreptiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Until I get my spare closet converted into a darkroom or get a changing bag, I have been using the bathroom. Tack a blanket over the door and stuff another in the crack at the bottom to block out light.

I was trying to load some film onto a spool when someone decided to ignore the sign on the door and barge in...

I stuffed the film under my shirt as fast as I could and slammed the door closed.

Over half the roll came out like this:

PICT0017.jpg by Ratman667, on Flickr

There weren't any great images on the film, I was mostly just killing time and money when I shot that roll, but I still got lucky with how well the still developed.

Could be... However, I didn't do anything different this time and the other roll I developed with this one came out fine. That's why I assumed that it was from the unwanted exposure. However, I may be wrong... I just started developing my own film last month.

Nevertheless the moral of the story is the same.

I'm no expert, but to me it looks like what Ratman originally described. Assuming that the film was rolled up, not flat.

Looks like light coming through the sprocket holes of the layer(s) on top of the frame.

Next time lock the door ;)

Or sing really loudly and offkey

Just make a recording of some really explosive 'bathroom activity' and play that when you're working with the film. Everyone will stay far away. :lmao:

Just change the sign on the door so it reads:

CAUTION
DO NOT ENTER
ROCKET BUILDING IN PROGRESS
RESPIRATOR REQUIRED

Most reactions

New Topics

Back