Why book selling in Amazon cost only $0.01

I've no idea but I suspect:

1) They partly over-charge on postage and make a small return from that as well. In general these retailers are selling for a pretty sane postage cost (This isn't undercharge one overcharge the other which is an oft used trick by some companies to get their price lower)

2) They have a VAST backlog of second hand books and so shift them for a tiny amount in the view that they'll make a small profit and clear their warehouse space up quicker than if they charge a higher price.

It's likely that storage space costs them to keep storing the books, so instead of dumping them they sell them for a tiny price. It's a very good way though to pick up a lot of good second hand books for next to nothing.

I've no idea but I suspect:

1) They partly over-charge on postage and make a small return from that as well. In general these retailers are selling for a pretty sane postage cost (This isn't undercharge one overcharge the other which is an oft used trick by some companies to get their price lower)

2) They have a VAST backlog of second hand books and so shift them for a tiny amount in the view that they'll make a small profit and clear their warehouse space up quicker than if they charge a higher price.

It's likely that storage space costs them to keep storing the books, so instead of dumping them they sell them for a tiny price. It's a very good way though to pick up a lot of good second hand books for next to nothing.

The only thing I'd add to that, is perhaps they also hope that getting a book so cheap may just motivate the buyer to check out their other titles and they'll end up buying something else as well.

I intend to purchase a book from Amazon. Besides the new and used book, I realised there are many of the same title cost $0.01 (beside shipping) at reasonable condition. How the vendor earn? What gives?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...qid=1421124988

I just had an artists' book hardbound. Cost $135. Keep that in mind when you buy the .01 hardcover books.

These companies I've seen are nearly always selling either second hand or end of product line books (or those sold from the closure of shops/warehouses). So its product paid for already once over - this is just clearing it out again so the authors and publishers are likely already compensated and paid once already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back