Why is it good to use a tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tripod also makes things easier if you want to take multiple shots of an object or if you want to switch out items. It keeps your hands free. We often use the tripod along with a selfi-stik, the self-stick is used as a remote shutter release so you don't have to touch the phone to take the shots. I like the clamp on phone holders, often just clamp it onto an old mic-stand or table.

Any recommended product?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
And, if a tripod is too cumbersome for some situations, guess what? That's why some smart individual took away two of the legs and created a monopod.
But isn't a monopod really still a risk if you have an incredible shot possible? I was told panning is made better with a mono, but if you really want a good shot, the tripod is still the way to go.

Thanks all for the opinion. I plan to use the photos for publications and promotion of my inventions. Looks like I better get a tripod. Any recommended product for the iPhone 6s Plus?
Get an Android. :icon_tongue:

But isn't a monopod really still a risk if you have an incredible shot possible? I was told panning is made better with a mono, but if you really want a good shot, the tripod is still the way to go.
Possible is always better than could be. I have a light Manfrotto monopod that doubles as a walking stick. I can use that places where I would not want to carry a tripod - not as good as the tripod but better than hand-held.

I use one to keep my arms from getting tired....

Im a big fan of bird photography, while I typically use a pretty tame 300mm AI lens and a D3300 the rig is by no means light. Its not that bad to carry around the beach but if Im going to sit for a while and wait for some birds its nice to have the camera on a tripod in front of me, right at eye level ready to roll and not have to hold it up. The truth is that it does not really improve the shot for me, and Im shooting at high enough shutter speeds that I don't need the stability but it keeps me from getting tired which keeps me happy and makes my photos better.

Regards
Dave

i generally do not use tripods. now if i go shooting at night or in bad lighting when i need a slow shutter speed i take my tripod.. there are times when you may need one and they are worth owning. if you are just using it for a phone which is not heavy, a cheap o tripod is all you need.

i have a cheap tripod which works great for say my point and shoot or my phone.., its perfectly fine for a light camera like that., i also have nicer tripod and a nice ball head for use with heavier lenses.. i would not put a heavy camera set up on a cheap tripod.. so its nice to have the cheap one that weighs next to nothing for you light weight gear and a nice one if you have heavier gear..

A tripod helps Ensure repeatability when doing things like focus stacking or when doing still life work or careful composition of any type. A tripod slows you down and forces you to be more deliberate about a lot of things

I think many times a tripod will allow you to arrive at a better composition

I use Tripod for all of the reasons above. Plus with my 1910 view camera, there isn't much choice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back