Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
is supposed to be easy!!!

So I've decided that I need to buy a new lens and a new camera bag.

Prices in shops here are too expensive. Like just before I went out and priced a Canon 10-22mm = Aus$1300. What the?! on amazon.com it's about Aus $850.
So I added it to my cart.

I found a bag I wanted for like $70 added it to my cart.

Found a lens hood for the lens $40.

The look on my face when I realise they can't ship out of the bloody US. Priceless. Actually it was more like ****ed off! B&H don't have any in stock and besides I don't know if they can post to Aus either.

Help peoples!! why me?!?!?! WHY!??!?!

:grumpy:

Pardon my ignorance, can't someone here in the states buy it for you and mail it as a 'gift' to you?

Will that get around any customs and/or taxes?

But Hong Kong ebay is scary. I don't want to get ripped off. :-(

Hong Kong ebay is just like ebay anywhere else, look at the sellers feedback and see what others have to say.

The seller in the link above has 24,000 positive feedback and 196 negative thats less than 1% have had a problem and he's been on there for five years. I haven't bought off that particular seller before, but if he had the product at the price I wanted, then I wouldn't have any hesitation.

I've bought a couple of L lenses from Hong Kong without any probs, the last one I bought on a Friday night, he posted it on the Monday and it was on my camera on the Tuesday for £300 less than buying it in the UK.

Of course in the end it's down to what you feel comfortable with, but don't be afraid! ;)

I bought my 350D from eBay, all I can say is read the fine print and if the price goes over $1k then factor in 10% GST. :p

and yeah, read the sellers feedback and read the warranty terms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back