Wide open desert

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Chemehuevi Wilderness

760c2656.jpg

man, that is quite a view! is it shadows in the foreground that look almost black, or was there a fire there?

man, that is quite a view! is it shadows in the foreground that look almost black, or was there a fire there?

Shadows- They change by the second. I like to watch them sckootch across the desert.

I really like this shot! I love the shadows rolling across the hills and those are some awesome looking clouds! :thumbup:

Its amazing how you always wanna be shooting where your not...if that makes any sense...

i wanna be there!!! awesome cotton ball like clouds

great shot

awesome! The clouds look painted on!

great sky, love the clouds... :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Despite the monotonous look of the ground in this view, there's a lot of variance. This spot was under about 50 feet of water at one time. Not a quarter mile away are tuff formations (from the lake that filled the basin as far as the eye can see) and billion year old gneiss rock right next to it. Running off and into the hills next to these formations was an Indian trail that I haven't found on a map yet. Maybe I'll go exploring this fall and follow it aways. ...

Reminds me that I want to photograph the Trona Pinnacles someday...and the town would be cool as well.

The pinnacles is one of my favorite spots. For me the best time to be there is before and through sunset. Trona would be interesting- it has a real industrial look. The Ruth mine, north of Trona in Homestead Canyon is great. There's an adopt-a-cabin up there you can stay in.

Ruth Mine

Trona Pinnacles

Most reactions

New Topics

Back