What's new

Wild Turkeys

Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
70
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Calero Park, California. This place is for real man.... ticks, rattlesnakes, and all sorts of baddies running amok.

turkeyS.jpg
 
as in you can't see it?? ARGH smugmug dropping the ball!!
 
No, as in, your subject is so small and so hidden to the point that if you didn't say what it is, who would have known?
 
Ohhh sorry, I missed your link. I see :( That is disappointing to hear. I had hoped that their heads would naturally pop up into the line that one's eyes would sweep when viewing this image. Then hoped that would help draw the viewer more into the scene, since the turkey's eyes are sweeping the landscape, too. Oh well, can't win them all. Maybe it would have worked if I had a longer lens at the time.
 
600mm lens might have helped somewhat...
 
Yeah, a longer lens would help.

For me, my opinion, and view point, is that if you took a picture and filled the frame with 1 or a couple turkeys poking their heads out, we would see details of them, and still get that they are hiding. The image would be all about that. But in this image posted, it appears to be a landscape shot, and I am drawn to investigate the interesting stuff in the upper right. The colors, the softly undulating lines...that's what my mind thought this image was about. The bird heads are such a small infinitesimal player in this scene, that they barely register.
 
Yeah, this is more like "Where's Waldo?"

I was just trying to photoshop a picture of Waldo (UK know as Wally) into the picture, but only got paint on this computer and it didn't work very well!

Oh and why is this in landscapes and cityscapes?
 
It was also meant to be more of a landscape photo than wildlife photo, so I succeeded in that aspect! :) I don't think anyone would look at this and think its a wildlife photo over landscape photo.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom