Wine Anyone?

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A light painted still life. Thoughts welcome as always.

It gives a nice feeling. I'd crop a bit off the bottom, and perhaps a sliver off the right, to position the bottle in the lower right corner, a bit closer to the edge. Love the warm colours and the subtle shadows.

Real nice! This looks really good to me. It has a lot of warmth in it. The bottle and glass really catch my eye. As for cropping, I'm not one who likes to crop too much. I wouldn't crop anything. It needs the darker area near the bottom to push the bottle up and out to me. Same with the right side. Take too much away and you'll squeeze the bottle in. I'd leave it just as is.

The lighting is very inviting. It gives me a nice feeling. I might clone out the cloth crease that is right at the glass. It was a little distracting. =)
And yes I will take a glass! ;)

I am not into wine unless it is for cooking but this picture is really nice. Yes, cropping the bottom a little bit will help.

I'd rotate it counter-clockwise a tiny bit, and crop a fairly substantial amount of the black space off the bottom, crop a bit off of the left side and the right side as well, and clone out the background crease that Mish mentioned. I just want to be "closer" to the scene. The wine in the glass appear not level, which is my major nit with the subject matter,and that's what the CCW rotation would be designed to correct,mostly.

Very nice shot but I prefer California wines better, in particular, Zeferino wine from Arroyo Grande.

Thanks for the replies folks. :) I did actually do a version of this cropped in closer, but it seemed to lose a lot of its mood that way. Derrel - you're right there is a slight tilt, thanks. I don't know how I missed that.

Subject, lighting and composition are really good. Hey, I'm beginning to really notice this stuff!

Thanks snerd and Jazzie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back