Winery Tour

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, the company I work for, laid on a tour of a bunch of wineries in the Paso Robles area.
This included much wine tasting and since I've been known to drink any wine before it's time I obviously tagged along.
I don't know why they call it "Wine Tasting" because after the second winery I couldn't taste a darn thing and the old vision was on the way out too!
BTW, after a few snifters I noticed a lot more camera shake.
Most of the pics I took obviously included workmates but these ones show the typical scenery and such.
Winery2.sized.jpg

Winery1.sized.jpg

Vinefld1.sized.jpg

Not to sound picky but there are a few comments I feel might be helpfull.

The first photo isn't level. Photoshop might fix this? I dont use it so I know very little about it. Also I find the shadow from the building very distracting.

The second photo I find loses alot of detail due to the shadows for the tree to the left. It makes it difficult to see the building and makes the flowers easy to miss. Maybe waiting until the sun was at a different position would remedy this.

The third photo I feel has the most potential however I would try to photoshop out those telepohone polls and the highway on the top left corner. I think would make for a great photo.

Looks like a very peacefull place! My grandparents live very close to several wineries in a town called virgil in ontario but they aren't nearly as spaciouse as the ones in your photos.

I agree - shadows can be very helpful or very harmful. Sometimes all you need to do is move to make the picture.

ksmattfish said:
Pheanon said:
The first photo isn't level.

Maybe it was taken after a few "tastings"?

Yes, they were all taken after a few tastings, how did you guess?
They were also all taken in the late afternoon hence the harsh shadows and low sun angle.
In many cases it's not possible to change perspective on a view because then it wouldn't be what I wanted to capture but that's also my excuse for rotten photography.
One more excuse; no tripod that day.
Bottom line is that I mainly wanted to show some typical views of the area and it was a fun day.

not bad for after a few tastings....

go back have a lot more tastings, then title them.... The winery, a wineo's perspective.

bogleric said:
go back have a lot more tastings, then title them.... The winery, a wineo's perspective.

Now I'll drink to that!

Does your company have any jobs going?

Being taken on winery tours sounds like my kind of job... ;)

Aaron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back