Winner!

I feel like I want to step back; I don't think this works cropped because of the missed focus/lack of sharpness, there doesn't seem to be anything for the viewer's eyes to land on.

I've done sports and this is the type shot that I'd usually just realize it was one I missed and try for another. I see what you were going for. I find that I don't always nail it the way I wanted.

Before someone discounts this image because it might have been a serendipitous viewing of an accidentally OOF image, consider whether seeing something interesting and taking a very simple, camera moderated exposure is any different.

I did these things: saw the image, pressed the button, downloaded the image and then did some post-processing but just in a slightly different order.
Is that your justification for a high-contrast, poorly-focused photograph? C'mon Lew, even you have to admit that this is just a bad photograph. Decent subject, poorly implemented.

There is no attempt to justify it as a sports photo or any kind of a photo.
I found it amidst the ruins of a day with a new camera and I liked the way it looked and I got something from it.

You can choose not to like on any basis you want.
I like it and will continue to do so.

It doesn't really matter if it was pure luck or if you set the whole thing up, or it was a combination of both. The fact of the matter is what you have is an interesting image that is different, that works. I like that you converted it to black and white as well.

As a pure solid sports action shot it sucks. But that is not the point behind the image. As I stated before, the woman in the background, is what makes the photo what it is, if that element wasn't there it would have been an easy delete. I believe that it was luck she was standing there and her reaction is what makes the shot work.

Most reactions

Back