Thank you PaulWilliams.
@Jaemie - Yes, that is a road on the side of the mountain, you have an eye for details although personally I did not think of that as a distraction. I used a Hoya 8 stop ND filter to try and give the water a more silky feel (which is what gave it a bit of a blue cast which I thought I corrected in PS but maybe could have done a bit more), i thought the mist that came through there (often happens, in fact the place is called Misty Cliffs) was a good surprise that added to the photo.
I took 3 shots with different exposures to pick up the correct exposure on the rocks, mountains, sky and water and blended them in a HDR type of style.
I knew exactly what I wanted to shoot in my head - with the rocks, mountain, sky etc and this was the end result. I understand its not for everyone and appreciate that perhaps there is too much going on in the photo. Thanks for the crits.