Winter in Utah

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of landscape shots I took while on a road trip from Oregon to Wisconsin. My best friend and I took a less direct route so we could go through Utah on our way to Wisconsin, and the extra time spent on the road was more than worth it. I'm not a landscape photographer, but there were several times where I just couldn't help but take a photo of the beautiful landscapes in Utah. These two particular shots were my favorites. The first was close to sunrise, and the second during blue hour later the same day.

364A4781 copy.jpg

Some may not like the road in this one, but I like it a lot for capturing the feeling I had being on the road with my friend.
364A4816 copy.jpg

Utah is beautiful. I love red rock country! It's hard to capture the immensity of the area, but shots like that long, straight road do speak to it. Like you could drive forever through the vastness - perfect for a road trip!

Hope Vinnie is settling in after the big journey. :)

Great shots, I like the road in No.2 personally, especially seeing it snake away to the right in the distance, lends scale as well as atmosphere IMO.

Awesome country out there. I like the road pic too. Makes me wish I could go back there.

Utah is beautiful. I love red rock country! It's hard to capture the immensity of the area, but shots like that long, straight road do speak to it. Like you could drive forever through the vastness - perfect for a road trip!

Hope Vinnie is settling in after the big journey. :)
It really is so beautiful there.

He seems to be. He's getting lots of work hours which makes me worry less, but I hope he's making friends. Jeez I feel like a mom lol.

Great shots, I like the road in No.2 personally, especially seeing it snake away to the right in the distance, lends scale as well as atmosphere IMO.
Thank you so much. I like that the road allows me to get a sense of that memory just a little better, for me at least.

Nice shots. I think you did well to portray the beauty of what you saw.

I like both. Where was this? And yes it is cold here in UT. Where I live we are still getting below freezing at night. But the great thing is there are places in UT where it is in the high 70’s. I can go snow skiing one day then drive south and water ski the next.

I like both. Where was this? And yes it is cold here in UT. Where I live we are still getting below freezing at night. But the great thing is there are places in UT where it is in the high 70’s. I can go snow skiing one day then drive south and water ski the next.
Thank you. The first shot was taken at Capitol Reef, and the second shot was taken near Canyonlands.

Most reactions

Back