What's new

Wireless

BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
83
Location
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo from my back deck at sunset. If I turned and looked out the front door; I was confronted with a wall of dark grey and black clouds.

Since I haven't taken a sunset shot in many years, I thought I'd give it another go. Here is what resulted:

Wireless.jpg


EXIF Data:
[TABLE="class: lhcl_advancedExifFields"]
[TR]
[TH]Camera[/TH]
[TD]Canon[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Model[/TH]
[TD]Canon EOS 50D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]ISO[/TH]
[TD]320[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Exposure[/TH]
[TD]1/30 sec[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Aperture[/TH]
[TD]5.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Focal Length[/TH]
[TD]50mm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Flash Used[/TH]
[TD]false

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
I just grabbed my camera and took the shot. I forgot I was playing with the ISO earlier and neglected to notice it... Normally I would have shot this with a lower ISO and maybe a narrower aperture. Meh... Oh well. That's what I get for not thinking..
 
Last edited:
Nice colors there.... the silhouetted trees merge with the bordering clouds which makes the distinction less effective.... which is mild problem here :D
 
Nice colors there.... the silhouetted trees merge with the bordering clouds which makes the distinction less effective.... which is mild problem here :D

His photos are ok to edit, so in yet another attempt to practice my PP skill, I gave it a shot. Unfortunately though, while sharpening defines the images a little better it also adds a bit of grain which is visible in the sky which I don't know how to solve. But here it is anyways


$Wireless1.webp
 
The image looks more sharp, but is that because of the smaller size?

Regards :D
 
I did sharpen it. But that came with a price - slight grain. Of which you don't see in the reduced size. But once you click on it to view it full size, you can certainly see some grain in the sky.
 
Thanks for looking and sharing...

The original high res image shows much less grain... I think its something that occurs when I convert from .CR2 (RAW) to JPG, Or perhaps the process of scaling to a smaller size.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom