D850
f/3.5
ISO 80
1/125 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

20170203-untitled-3-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Reactions: Sil
Nice processing. But the idea behind the picture is not that clear. For now it is a photo with a bit bombastic title.
:angel:

D850
f/3.5
ISO 80
1/125 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

View attachment 154135

Enezdez
I like it, but don’t think the photo implies death. BTW, there is a six word story, often attributed to Hemingway, that reads “ Baby shoes for sale. Never worn.” Some of the saddest words ever written.

Nice processing. But the idea behind the picture is not that clear. For now it is a photo with a bit bombastic title.

I don't think there is anything inflated and/or pretentious in my title...additionally it's a fact cemeteries are full of young and old alike along with everyone else in between. Furthermore, that was the vibe/impression I got from the seen...it was the story to be told...I was driving (I am usually not in that particular part of Long Island) when all of a sudden I had the urge to pull over & park at this cemetery & this was the only thing grabbing my attention.

Thanks for the input though!

D850
f/3.5
ISO 80
1/125 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

View attachment 154135

Enezdez

I like it, but don’t think the photo implies death. BTW, there is a six word story, often attributed to Hemingway, that reads “ Baby shoes for sale. Never worn.” Some of the saddest words ever written.

Thank you for the complimentary words and yes it is a sad story but it begged to be told based on my experience.

Enezdez

Title aside, I like the composition, nice catch. Only thing I might add is that it might have been slightly better if you had included all of the arch in the top of the fence, and a Cyanotype tint might give it a more deathly feeling.

I have passed by this tree out in the middle of nowhere when we travel to visit my wife's family.We call it "The Tree Of Lost Souls". For at least 20 years, passing motorists have stopped and flung discarded shoes up in the tree. I always mean to stop and photograph, and always forget till I'm passing it.

Title aside, I like the composition, nice catch. Only thing I might add is that it might have been slightly better if you had included all of the arch in the top of the fence, and a Cyanotype tint might give it a more deathly feeling.

I have passed by this tree out in the middle of nowhere when we travel to visit my wife's family.We call it "The Tree Of Lost Souls". For at least 20 years, passing motorists have stopped and flung discarded shoes up in the tree. I always mean to stop and photograph, and always forget till I'm passing it.

Thanks...One day you will photograph "The Tree Of Lost Souls" if you are meant to!

I like the Photo. When I started reading the comments I went, aha, it is a cemetery. Then the title made more sense. I think the photo itself would tell the story if the DOF showed headstones, etc.

I like the Photo. When I started reading the comments I went, aha, it is a cemetery. Then the title made more sense. I think the photo itself would tell the story if the DOF showed headstones, etc.

The headstones are there, they just out of focus...

I don't think there is anything inflated and/or pretentious in my title...additionally it's a fact cemeteries ...
There is no way to know, from the photo (like it, btw), the setting is a cemetery.

I don't think there is anything inflated and/or pretentious in my title...additionally it's a fact cemeteries are full of young and old alike along with everyone else in between. Furthermore, that was the vibe/impression I got from the seen...it was the story to be told...I was driving (I am usually not in that particular part of Long Island) when all of a sudden I had the urge to pull over & park at this cemetery & this was the only thing grabbing my attention.

Thanks for the input though!
.Enezdez
Here is the problem. It is the photo to tell the story, not the later commentaries. You shouldn't need to explain your ideas.

As others said, after you explained the scene's location, the photo does covey the title, but I originally thought the shoes were just on a wrought iron fence surrounding the child's yard. I like the B&W conversion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back