Woman Descending Steps

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
PICT0076-004.jpg

Yes she is.
IMO, she is so dark and indistinct, without anything out of the ordinary out her, in a relatively light picture that she fades into the background.

To be honest, cloning out the woman would be a huge improvement.

sleist said:

Agreed the picture doesn't need her, she's quite dull (no offense to her :lol:)

I think the image needs the life, I think it would be barren without her.

It definately needs more contrast or something. Without her, what would be the subject? The stairs? That have little detail? If you took her out, you would certainly need to process the rest differently or it would be flat and boring.

My point was not that it's a good photo without her. My point was that her presence only accentuates the feeling that this is a missed shot.

Or light her up if she's the subject! The dark blob is a distraction.

Also the slanted pole in the very front should be removed.

Or light her up if she's the subject! The dark blob is a distraction.

Also the slanted pole in the very front should be removed.

I would have done something about the pole but there wasn't a pickaxe handy...

My point was not that it's a good photo without her. My point was that her presence only accentuates the feeling that this is a missed shot.

Never mind, I understood you well enough.

The problem isn't her, it's that she's centered. On the one hand you want some room to breathe, on the other hand there's just too MUCH breathing room.

The stairs and the tilted pole in the foreground are all trying madly to lead the eye, but are lost in the jumble of other interesting things leading all over the place. I cropped it here, very roughly, and did a little light dodging to separate her from the stairs a bit (the darkness of the figure are not, to my eye, the problem, the problem is that she's lost against the steps, visually confusing).

$foo2.jpg

The crop was very fast and could probably be made stronger, but this is roughly what *I* see in this picture.

Most reactions

Back