wOOt Blue Tit

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just found these on my hard drive from the other week

And I almost fell over as I have a ok-ish shot of a Blue Tit!!! Just a shame about the totally snowed out background

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Blue Tit

Goldfinch

Goldfinch, it had just started to rain on this shot. You can just make out a few drops in the high res version

Hey, I very much LIKE the totally snowed out background. Makes me think of the illustrations in Dorling-Kindersley books that I always loved for their clarity and simplicity, highlighting whatever they are showing against the all white backgrounds they used! So there! And yours has well-combed hair!!! Sets an example to mine, I think! ;)

Cool shots.
We used to have a lot of goldfinches here a few years ago, and now they've become quite rare.

Dani

Hey, I very much LIKE the totally snowed out background. Makes me think of the illustrations in Dorling-Kindersley books that I always loved for their clarity and simplicity, highlighting whatever they are showing against the all white backgrounds they used! So there! And yours has well-combed hair!!! Sets an example to mine, I think! ;)

thats a good point, don't feel so bad now

Woooot!! Good ones LP. The wooden post with barbed wire and a sprig of greenery is just such a scenic perch for the Blue Tit...how'd you arrange that?

Woooot!! Good ones LP. The wooden post with barbed wire and a sprig of greenery is just such a scenic perch for the Blue Tit...how'd you arrange that?

cheers, as for the perch, small birds will always land on something close to where the feeders are, so make sure your feeders are near some posts and nice looking branches

the blue tit is just beautiful...never saw either birds before. our goldfinches here (american goldfinch) appear to be a bit smaller than yours, the males are all bright yellow in summer with black wing bars.

some great shots of some colorful birds... :thumbup: I also love the touch of rusty barbed-wire in the first shot.

cheers everyone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back