Word to Openoffice - any help?

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Soo I've got a Word document with tables which when opened in Openoffice goes a bit nuts. I've also tried Wordpad, but that has problems as well where by it seems not to scale to fit the page horizontally (it just runs off the edge of the page).

Is there any (free) way I can get this to work without having to use a copy of Word itself?

Have you tried to use WPS Office by Kingsoft? That may work. It seems to play well with MS Word files.

I have not used open office for a while but try saving word file as Rich Text Format and then opening in Open Office.

It depends on what you want to achieve. You can get a viewer from Microsoft: How to obtain the latest Word Viewer

Over the years there have been many attempts to convert documents from one word processor to another. Usually the basics worked pretty well, more exotic features like tables, embedded images, and so on, either worked sporadically or not at all.

You might be able to copy the table to your clipboard then paste it into an Open Office document. You may have to build a new table in Open Office.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back