working with curves (photoshop and Nikon Capture NX)

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
can someone give me some advice on working with curves on photoshop or any other photo processing software....i dont know how to use it correctly and efficiently....any advice is appreaciated....thanks

also i've been experimenting with Nikon Capture NX....i think the U point function is very neat.....anyone know any other neat feature with then Nikon Caputre NX and willing to share.....thanks in advance....is the noise reduction on Capture NX good?...how about sharpening tool?......

what would be a good workflow for a RAW(NEF) file?

why i always say you guys are the best....please forgive me if i ask too many questions sometimes....^_^

In addition to the links provided, before working with curves you should set your levels. You want to set the white and black points for the image before you start adjusting the mid-tones. You don't have to (and you can effectively edit the levels in the curves adjustment), but you'll have a bigger curve to work with if you do.

And don't forget -- do these things with adjustment layers so you can go back and re-adjust.

Most reactions

Back