Workshop: Auto Racing - Las Vegas

KauaiPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2008 Motorsports Photography Workshop Schedule Announced

The David Allio Motorsports Photography Workshop schedule for 2008 includes two different programs at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and one at the Hickory Motor Speedway. Photography enthusiasts may participate in intensive immersion programs of short track oval photography, drag racing photography, and for the first time superspeedway photography.

Each two-day motorsports photography workshop program includes technical instruction in actual trackside racing environments, plus valuable information regarding copyright, image licensing and sales, professional conduct, getting published, and marketing. The goal of each program is to allow participants learn more to earn more.

"As these motorsports photography workshops have grown in content and popularity, we have put significant emphasis on providing participants with real working environments," Allio said. "Adding superspeedway photography, for the first time, to the overall curriculum compliments the unique experience provided by these workshops. The race tracks are our classroom."

Workshop instructor, David Allio has been a working professional motorsports photographer since 1974. He is a member of both Canon and Nikon Professional Services. During his 33-year award-winning career, Allio photographs have appeared in the pages and on the cover of nearly every sports publication in the world. Recent publication credits outside of the mainstream motorsports media include a “trifecta” of Sports Illustrated, ESPN Magazine, and The Sporting News all in the same month, USA Today, and the book "ESPN Ultimate NASCAR 100 Defining Moments in Stock Car Racing History."

Participation in each photography workshop is limited to allow for more individual attention. Questions are encouraged. Advance registration is required. Participants may find more information and register online at: www.DavidAllio.com.

Sponsors for the 2008 David Allio Motorsports Photography Workshops include: Richard Petty Driving Experience, Las Vegas Trade Show Guide, Think Tank Photo, Nikon, Goodyear, SummitRacing.com, Dragracecentral.com, www.ChasinRacin.com, Roberts Camera, Appleget Associates, Hickory Motor Speedway, and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

2008 Schedule:
January 25-26, 2008
Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Las Vegas NV
Superspeedway and Drag Racing
Track Contact: John Bisci - LVMS Public Relations - (702) 632-8231 - [email protected]

April 4-5, 2008
Hickory Motor Speedway – Hickory NC
Short Track Oval Racing
Track Contact: Sherry Clifton - (828) 464-3655 - [email protected]

October 17-18, 2008<br>
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Las Vegas NV
Drag Racing
Track Contact: John Bisci - LVMS Public Relations - (702) 632-8231 - [email protected]

Details: http://www.davidallio.com/workshop.htm

Any road racing classes offered? I live in South Carolina. Thanks.

Historically, we have done road racing workshops at Road Atlanta. However, there are none currently on the 2008 schedule...

Please keep an eye on the workshop calendar for new listings:
http://www.davidallio.com/workshop/w-sked.htm
For sure. I am only 1.5 hours away from RA. Here are some shots from the 2007 ARRC at RA. First 7 shots were taken very late in the day (dark) at high iso with my D200 & 200-400mm combo. I now have a D300 as well.

DSC_8579.jpg

DSC_8584.jpg

DSC_8633.jpg

DSC_8653.jpg

DSC_8656.jpg

DSC_8699.jpg

DSC_8694-1.jpg

DSC_8468.jpg

DSC_8471.jpg

DSC_8472.jpg

DSC_8478.jpg

DSC_8481.jpg