World Series is over

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For you baseball fans, season's over!

Rockies played well but not well enough to take a single game away from the Red Sox. They seemed rusty, especially the hitting.

Yeah, having ~ a week off will do that.

Cue the horde of w-t-f-m-l-b e-mails to SI, ESPN, etc?

Rusty or not, they didn't stand a chance against Boston's devastating lineup. Not to mention Beckett, Papelbon, Dice-K, Schilling and crew.

Another boring world series..

Sky, what was it like in Boston? I'd been hoping you'd get online so I could ask you about it. Did you go to that parade I heard about?

I unfortunately didn't have a chance to go to any of the festivities, but I heard there was a plenty of celebrating. You could certainly hear the cheering coming from all directions during the hour after we won. Though I doubt it was anything like after the Sox won back in 2004, which came after their infamous 84-year losing streak. I know the police were certainly well prepared for rioting this time; while walking to a friend's dorm before game 4, I came across a group of about 50-70 police officers gathering around and getting briefed or whatnot in preparation for a win that night. And that was just in one random spot on the edge of campus. There also would have probably been more rioting if the Sox had won at Fenway park instead of in Denver, but we would have had to lose two games for the series to end in Boston (like that was gonna happen :p ). Nonetheless, on the walk back to my dorm after the game there were at least five or six helicopters flying around in the sky that I could spot.
So it doesn't sound like there was anything insane that happened this time around (at least not that I heard about), but all of Boston was really quite happy ;-)

Man I wish Toronto had the sports luck of New England atm

I unfortunately didn't have a chance to go to any of the festivities, but I heard there was a plenty of celebrating. You could certainly hear the cheering coming from all directions during the hour after we won. Though I doubt it was anything like after the Sox won back in 2004, which came after their infamous 84-year losing streak. I know the police were certainly well prepared for rioting this time; while walking to a friend's dorm before game 4, I came across a group of about 50-70 police officers gathering around and getting briefed or whatnot in preparation for a win that night. And that was just in one random spot on the edge of campus. There also would have probably been more rioting if the Sox had won at Fenway park instead of in Denver, but we would have had to lose two games for the series to end in Boston (like that was gonna happen :p ). Nonetheless, on the walk back to my dorm after the game there were at least five or six helicopters flying around in the sky that I could spot.
So it doesn't sound like there was anything insane that happened this time around (at least not that I heard about), but all of Boston was really quite happy ;-)

That sounds awesome, Sky! Too bad you didn't get to go to any of the festivities!

Now....if only my CUBBIES would win a series!

World Series '08, Cubbies-Jays

that'd be the day

Not sure I'll ever understand why people celebrate by committing crimes...

I am sure that I won't :-(

It is nice to see the police deal with the situation well, though :)

Most reactions

Back