Would it be a waste of my money??!!

chris182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if I'd be wasting my money on Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SLD DG?? I just want it for my nephews soccer and baseball games..I know its slow but Im not expecting sports illustrated shots but just want something worth printing. Please give me your input or any other options or secrets haha. Its going on a D3000.

As long as there is plenty of light and you know how to use your camera it should be fine.

As long as there is plenty of light and you know how to use your camera it should be fine.

yup, outdoors it should be fine

yup, outdoors it should be fine
At least in the daytime.

Under the lights would be problematic. ;)

Did you notice the nice Nikon 70-300mm and free polarizing filter for sale in the Buy/Sell forum:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/195508-fs-nikon-70-300-vr.html

it's an AF-S it's the ony Nikon 70-300mm that will auto focus on your D3000. :D

I have a Tamron 70-300 and it works great. ( its like $164 at BHphoto ) and has a 1:2 macro feature ( not that its anything to make a big deal about ) It has a lot of C.A. but thats fixable to an extent. If its outdoors with a lot of light you can shoot very fast.

I was wondering if I'd be wasting my money on Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SLD DG?? I just want it for my nephews soccer and baseball games..I know its slow but Im not expecting sports illustrated shots but just want something worth printing. Please give me your input or any other options or secrets haha. Its going on a D3000.

You really have to stop this lens down to get sharp photos. I have one and hardly use it.......

I have a 18-200 f3.5-6.3 Tamron (U$350.00) and I'll be selling on e-bay soon.
My son plays soccer and sometimes he does at cloud sky. It's a disaster!!!
So I got now a NIKKOR 80-200 f2.8 AF-S ED "the BIG ONE"(U$1,100. e-bay), I'm on heaven!!!
At the end you get what you pay for...

i saw what you were looking for on amazon for a really cheap price. Take a look on there. Ebay charges way to much and the seller ends up making you pay for those fees with "shipping" charges.
Smile.gif

I just picked up the Sigma 70-300 APO for my D40x and love it so far. It's great in the daytime, a little sluggish in low light. For the sports, it should be a pretty good deal. Picked mine up at B and H for a pretty reasonable price and free shipping.

Most reactions

Back