Would love C&C on my B&W

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my B&W photos (started shooting in September) I would love some C&C so I can get better at shooting B&W.

1. Old Oak
oldoak-1.jpg

2. The Web
webbw.jpg

3. Old Store
oldstore-1.jpg

4. Old Poll Barn
oldpollbarn.jpg

5. What was Left
oldfireplace-1.jpg

I'm only a beginner but as no-one else has given any feedback I thought I'd give it it a go.

I like 1 and 4 the best. The first one is my favorite though, it's nice and simple and the composition and contrast work really well. Number 4 has a lovely old feel to it and helps it stand out more when compared to picture 3, although the lighting in 4 is pleasant.

I dont think 2 and 5 work as well, the bright light in 2 spoils it as it obscures the spider web and is distracting, which is a shame as the left side is lit really well.I don't know what it is but 5 has weird blurryness to it, it looks like maybe you were moving when you took it.

This probably hasn't helped much but keep up the good work! :)

maybe for the first pic you could show us the entire tree?
clear.gif

So... um... What are you shooting with? That will help give you advise.

How are you converting to black and white?

In any case, check this out.

Edit: Wait, did I already ask you this question? o_O

Last edited:
wow..and to actually critique your work....

the top one's my favorite, another reason the rule of thirds is a guideline of thirds..The spider web one is quite abstract. The tree in the background looks like a cautious hand about to pick at the spider hahaha. the last one is so..ghosty..great.

This are all very unique, and interesting

I like #3,4 the best cause it looks old and with that b/w it gives it a crisp look to it I love it

You have some amazing work. I especially like how you got the solidity of the spiderweb without taking away from the rest of the picture. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back