WTB Nikon 24-85 VR

Well I got the lens and looks like I'll be trying to return it to seller. This is THE worst copy I have ever had.

I took a shot outside in bright daylight at 1/500th, f/8 and ISO 100 and throughout the ENTIRE frame its blurry, but not motion blurry like just looks blurry because of what appears to be fuzziness and ghosting. Doesn't matter what f stop or focal length, it's all crap. I compared it to my other copy I owned before and that lens was tack sharp edge to edge. There is definitely something wrong. It's garbage. Hope he'll give me a refund, if not...I know eBay will.

Man, sorry to hear that. That blows! It sucks getting ripped off by a dishonest seller. Transactions like this are where the "Fleabay" name was earned.

Well I got the lens and looks like I'll be trying to return it to seller. This is THE worst copy I have ever had.

I took a shot outside in bright daylight at 1/500th, f/8 and ISO 100 and throughout the ENTIRE frame its blurry, but not motion blurry like just looks blurry because of what appears to be fuzziness and ghosting. Doesn't matter what f stop or focal length, it's all crap. I compared it to my other copy I owned before and that lens was tack sharp edge to edge. There is definitely something wrong. It's garbage. Hope he'll give me a refund, if not...I know eBay will.

Man, sorry to hear that. That blows! It sucks getting ripped off by a dishonest seller. Transactions like this are where the "Fleabay" name was earned.

Hey this is my first time returning a lens I bought on eBay. Considering all the lenses I own except the 50 1.8 are from eBay. So it was bound to happen soon or later haha.

I mean I tried everything, messing with the AF-tune, turning off VR to see if anything helps but nothing seems make any difference.

I don't where he got "sharp lens" from. It's not quite. The only bit of sharpness is directly in the center at f/5.6.

This is the only lens I've seen where it gets worse at f/8 than f/5.6 and then slightly better at f/11 and by better, I mean worse than my Galaxy S7 or atleast matching it.

So the seller accepted the return without a problem. He was understanding. So looks like I'll be either looking for another one or something different.

Well he received the lens back and for some reason is taking his sweet old time refunding me. That's okay though, by March 5th, eBay will step in and deal with it.

The lens was sold from a "professional" photographer. Yeah. Not very professional in my opinion.

Anyways now I gotta decide if I should risk taking a chance on another 24-85 VR or not. The chances getting another lemon is probably pretty low as Thom Hogan says because there is a low sample variation of this particular lens (which is really likes). I also watched a recent video on YouTube that was comparing this lens to the new Sigma 24-70 ART. Doesn't seem like much of a comparison right? Even though the video was in a different language I manage to understand a bit of it from the pictures he was showing. There was hardly any different in sharpness and edge-edge sharpness. They were nearly the same IQ. Even the color rendering was almost the same. Shocking really.

From all the reviews I've seen of the Sigma 24-70 ART,, everyone seems to not be happy with it. Kind of looks like a afterthought from Sigma as their other ART lenses are superb.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

B&H is selling one too. I might go for that one, it's a little bit more money but they have a good return policy.

However. For $100 more, I can just buy it new. But I'd rather save every penny! Haha.

Before I do anything, I'm going to wait until this guy refunds me. Kind of bugging me that he's taking his time.
They actually check everything out prior to selling it. As large as they are, don't know how they manage it. Good luck bud.

B&H is selling one too. I might go for that one, it's a little bit more money but they have a good return policy.

However. For $100 more, I can just buy it new. But I'd rather save every penny! Haha.

Before I do anything, I'm going to wait until this guy refunds me. Kind of bugging me that he's taking his time.
They actually check everything out prior to selling it. As large as they are, don't know how they manage it. Good luck bud.

Yeah I'm curious too. I wonder how they assess used lenses. The 16-35 f/4 I bought from them a while ago was an awesome copy and I heard many others had really good luck buying used gear from them.

Most reactions

Back