X-T2 and Samyang lenses

d_animality

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all this is officially my first post,

Im getting X-T2 soon and it is on the way along with few recommended samyang lenses by the seller i.e wide 12mm, fisheye and the famous 135mm..

im kinda new into this field but im good with taking photo with the help of autofocus lenses... i heard samyangs are all manual focus and based from the sellers comments, the 135mm will be the hardest.. so can u all help me how to master this coz i want to be very good with manual focus... looking for any tips... settings that i can apply to the X-T2 that can support me to get focus once i received them all..

Regards

Most mirrorless cameras are designed to used non-autofocus lenses. On the XT2:

Step 1) In the User Setup menu, (wrench icon), there is a line item of "Shoot Without Lens". The default is "Off", you must reassign that line item to "On".

Step 2) You have a few choices under Manual Focus to select how you desire to focus: Split Image, Magnification or Peak. Try each manual focus mode and select which works best. Most people like Peak.

Step 3) Shoot.

Most mirrorless cameras are designed to used non-autofocus lenses. On the XT2:

Step 1) In the User Setup menu, (wrench icon), there is a line item of "Shoot Without Lens". The default is "Off", you must reassign that line item to "On".

Step 2) You have a few choices under Manual Focus to select how you desire to focus: Split Image, Magnification or Peak. Try each manual focus mode and select which works best. Most people like Peak.

Step 3) Shoot.

Oh wow what a helpful tips, i will give this a try once i get my camera.. anyway ive tried practicing manual focus with Canon 700D 50mm lens.. when i looked into the viewfinder it looks sharp but when i shoot and zoomed in.. it actually a bit blurry... maybe like 2% blurry.. so annoying.. i want it to be sharp... its so hard

I found focus peaking to be very effective for me with my fuji x-e2. I have no doubt it's just as good or better on the x-t2. It won't take you long to figure out which manual focus assist you like best

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hey sorry for late getting back to this.. coz i just got my XT-2 today!! its a very amazing camera but im so new to it and i find it very hard... how to activate this peak focus? do i have to set everything manual?

and secondly, the 135mm samyang is too heavy for the XT2 im scared it will break itself... (knock on the wood) .. and thus since its heavy and im not used to heavy lens... i cant control my shaky hands due to holding it.. please teach me how to master this lens

and one last thing... (for now) ... how to play around with the settings? atleast i love to play manual setting... like setting the ISO manually, and the shutter speed... but its so hard and confusing.. need your guidance dear experts... maybe for a beginner like me.. thank you

Hey sorry for late getting back to this.. coz i just got my XT-2 today!! its a very amazing camera but im so new to it and i find it very hard... how to activate this peak focus? do i have to set everything manual?

and secondly, the 135mm samyang is too heavy for the XT2 im scared it will break itself... (knock on the wood) .. and thus since its heavy and im not used to heavy lens... i cant control my shaky hands due to holding it.. please teach me how to master this lens

and one last thing... (for now) ... how to play around with the settings? atleast i love to play manual setting... like setting the ISO manually, and the shutter speed... but its so hard and confusing.. need your guidance dear experts... maybe for a beginner like me.. thank you
Ake sure to follow Gary's lead on menu. Get to it AF-MF > scroll down until you see MF ASSIST > click the right rocker button > FOCUS PEAK HIGHLIGHT and select you color, I like all of them but probably use BLUE HIGH mostly.

Also Below MF ASSIST is a setting called FOCUS CHECK. I turn that off because it distracts me when I frame. Turn it on and see what I mean. Probably would be useful if the camera was on a tripod though.

Make sure to turn the dial on the front to M. There are 3 selections there S, C, M.

Read your manual. Upgrade your firmware, upgrade your firmware on your lens as well.

I manual focus about 50% of the time, even with AF Fujifilm glass. I love my 16mm 1.4, it has a focus clutch and you don't have to turn that little dial with it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fujifilm.

I mount the 100-400 with a TC 1.4 on it, no problem and I doubt that Sam 135 is heavier than that. If there is no tripod collar on it, just don't carry it by the grip, carry it by the lens. Do yourself a huge favor and buy the battery grip. It improves auto focus acquisition ten fold when shooting sports or wildlife. Makes it way more pleasant to hold if you have 11.5" hands like I do. I bought 6 wasabee batteries for the price of one fujifilm battery.

Also Below MF ASSIST is a setting called FOCUS CHECK. I turn that off because it distracts me when I frame. Turn it on and see what I mean. Probably would be useful if the camera was on a tripod though.

Make sure to turn the dial on the front to M. There are 3 selections there S, C, M.

Read your manual. Upgrade your firmware, upgrade your firmware on your lens as well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fujifilm.

So thats it!! i dint change the dial to M.. its working now!! well im gonna upgrade my body and lens first before moving on (following ur suggestions) :) thank you

Most reactions

Back