XTI/400d Vs D-80

Mr. Bananagrabber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nwexposure.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am a noob so this is probably in the wrong place if so mods please move it. anyway im looking to go digital, i have looked at the canon xti/400d and the nikon D-80. The canon looks good but it feels a little uncomfortable and a little flimsy but it is cheap. The D-80 feels comfortable and solid but its considerably more than the xti. I shoot a nikon N-70 now and love it, it is easy to use and responsive, so im kinda partial to nikon. Which one should i get?

You're already using a Nikon SLR system with compatible lenses so it would make a lot of sense to stick with Nikon. If in addition to that you don't like the feel of the Canon then the question's basically answered already. I definitely wouldn't buy a camera you don't like that's not compatible with your existing gear just to save a bit of cash in the short term.

Is it considerably more if you put into perspective that you already have some Nikon lenses? I think that fact plus you are already comfortable with the Nikon interface means sometimes more then the slight difference in cash for each camera...

thanks. i was at best buy today and after trying both of them out i like the menu and controls of the nikon a lot more. i knew where everything was, probably because its alot like my coolpix. so the verdict is im goin with the nikon.

It almost doesn't seem like you should've even asked. I mean, most people say that you buy a certain SLR over another because:

-it is comfortable,
-you know it
-you have a lens collection that'll work with it

You had all of those and were still debating because of price? Photography isn't a cheap hobby, shell out the extra cash and you'll be happier with that camera and it'll have the same potential for expansion, you'll just be closer in it's expansion.

Most reactions

Back