What's new

..:: XVI Century Graveyard ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
1
Location
Sarajevo, Bosna i Hercegovina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This from the Ottoman Period in Europe. The graveyard is located on the hills of Domanovici (Southern Europe). Some of the graves date back to 1590.


grave3qy6.jpg
 
How amazing that the grave markers are in such good condition! That 'rounded top' type I have never seen before (yet it appears several times in that picture). Interesting stuff. Did you get any closeups?
 
I really like the tones, the degree of detail and the sharpness of the bottom two thirds of this photograph. The intense light on top is a bit distracting to me, though.
 
How amazing that the grave markers are in such good condition! That 'rounded top' type I have never seen before (yet it appears several times in that picture). Interesting stuff. Did you get any closeups?
I did get some close-ups but not really good ones. The dates are not eligible on all of them. I was told by some people who live there.

I really like the tones, the degree of detail and the sharpness of the bottom two thirds of this photograph. The intense light on top is a bit distracting to me, though.
Thanks. I know about the light. But in this case i wanted it so much to be bright. I don't really put a lot of symbolism in my photos, but here the light represents eternity, heaven ect.
 
I really like the color. the reds look like flowers scattered on the graves, very pretty.

Great choice of subject, I love graveyards. They are just fascinating places. I recently went to what was claimed as the 'oldest building standing in its original place in the united states' which was a church in Hershey PA ( I can't recall the name of the church at the moment). It had a graveyard which had many from the wars with the native americans, the minutemen. They're just really interesting places. Thanks for sharing!
 
Oh, I also don't particularly care for the intensity of the sky in the photo. If you were going for a particular effect, then that is your choice, but it takes my focus away from the graves, which are a much more interesting focal point.
 
Thanks Eldrich for your comment! I think the sky works well, and other wise the shadows would be out of place. But it's all subjective.:thumbup:
 
Nice. I love the way you shot into the light to highlight the color in the trees yet exposed the foreground perfectly.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom