cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yellowfield20-2-copy.jpg

I clicked into this and looked at the picture and my first thought was....the color's look bland. This was weird since it seemed bright, so I saved the file and looked at the histogram and you could benefit from a simple levels adjustment. There's a red cast over the photo which is really taking away from the colors.

Unfortunately with your "not okay to edit" I can't post the corrected example, but it looks much better with the levels adjusted.

Edit: I just looked at your site and some amazing stuff on there. Anyway, from the looks of things, you'll know how to adjust your levels now that I pointed it out.

Be my guest. Edit and post. I see the red/orange cast and also saw it on the histo. I thought it was caused by the late time of day. I would love to see an edit with details on what you do.

Upate...I edited it and removed the red cast. On the histo it was off of the chart. Thanks for the keen eye.

Literally, all I did was adjust the levels to get rid of the "flat" spots on the ends of each color. This got rid of the color cast and gave it a bit more pop I think.
yellowfield20-2-copy.jpg

Playing with layers could probably give more life to the tree's and sky too, but it was washing the yellow out when doing layers on the entire image.

Here's with an overlay layer at 50% opacity over the entire image. Borderline oversaturated on the flowers with this one, but maybe better?
yellowfield20-2-copy2.jpg

Most reactions

Back